Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Face Time with God

Chapel on Monday’s is my new favorite thing. I really enjoy starting off the week with Jeffery Dean, our new campus pastor, sharing his thoughts on what God has placed on his heart for that day. It really jumpstarts my week and makes me feel as if this week could be the greatest week of my life. Okay, that’s a little over the top but I still have a good feeling about what’s to come in my life.
     Jeffery Dean gave us all journals to take notes for our thoughts. I am such a note taker so this pretty much made my day. He spoke on face time with God, asking each of us to ponder the thought of where we are with God. It is crazy to know that where I am in my relationship might be so far away from where other people are. It got me to thinking that I want my classmates to feel the closeness that I feel with God. It breaks my heart to know that we go to a Christian school, where our teachers teach us Godly morals, where the Bible is the number one text book, and there are tons of students here that don’t have a personal relationship with God.
     Jeffery Dean’s message really got me thinking. I don’t spend enough face time with God and I believe it shows. It saddens me because I want to shine God’s light through my everyday life. I want people to see me and see something different; something that they want to have. Jeffery Dean told us a story about going to a swimming pool surrounded by junior high cheerleaders. We can only imagine. When he jumped in and was underwater it was silent. How many times do I just sit and listen? I feel like that answer is never.
       The time I spend daily on facebook or texting everyday could be spent with the Lord. God doesn’t want all of your time; He just wants a few minutes. That has to be the hardest thing for me in my, what I call, busy schedule. Just a few minutes of face time could make all the difference in the world. I really think Jeffery Dean is going to change chapel as we know it. I really believe this year will be the best one yet, and not just because it happens to be my senior year. I am so excited to see what God has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment