Friday, August 27, 2010

I love Friday's!

Yahoo! It’s Friday. This has to be my favorite day of the week, really.  On the subject of my netvibes tabs, I am still enjoying it. I mostly enjoy the tab with all of our class blogs on it. I really like reading each blog post and getting an insight in to my classmate’s heads. I know some people don’t really care for blogging but I find it quite enjoyable. I think I have a new found love of writing.
      On the other hand, I don’t really care much for the things under the “Things I want to Learn” tab. I don’t really have the time to learn how to dance, and although I have rhythm, I just wasn’t made for dancing. If they had a tab for learning patience or learning how to not stress out about applying to college, I would be all over it. I can always just change the tabs to something more…doable. I could always learn French. Right, because that is MUCH easier. (I also have a new love of sarcasm. Thank you, Mrs. Smith!)
        In my “this is where I am with God” area that needs attention is my quiet time with God. It’s not that I don’t think they are important or that I don’t have time, it’s the fact that I don’t feel like I am doing it right.  My youth pastor really encourages us to have our daily quiet time every time he sees us. He knows the importance and the effect having our quiet time has on our lives. It can be the most beautiful part of your day, the time you look forward to the most.
     That is where I struggle. I don’t really look forward to my quiet time. I feel like it’s something that I have to do, kind of like homework. As believers we starve ourselves by not reading scripture. We look to other people to feed all the right answers to us. I really feel like that is where I am. I find the Bible so interesting, yet sometimes the words on a page feel just like that, words on a page. I want to read the Bible and it actually mean something. I want it to change the way I think, act, and present myself. I want to live on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment