Thursday, August 26, 2010

Genesis 12

So, Monday was our first official chapel of the year. I think it was in the school’s best interest to hire two amazing Christian men to take on the job as they did. Thank you Lord, no more chalk! The praise band did an exceptional job leading us in worship. I felt like the students were actually into it. After playing a terrible game of Simon Says, where like he said, Mr. Teller wasn’t defeated he spoke on Abram in Genesis twelve.
     The story in Genesis twelve is all about faith. The biggest point Mr. Teller wanted to get across was, “If I live by faith I win. If I live by sight I lose.” Faith is such a hard thing to grasp at times, and most people don’t fully comprehend what it means, myself included. He described it as believing and trusting God, no matter how I feel because I know God has promised good results. Every step Abram took was a step of faith. He was seventy-five years old when God told him He would bless him and make him into a great nation. Seventy-five! I will so be done with my baby making days by that age, but Abram trusted God and lived by faith.
     Faith isn’t just a thing we do on Sunday’s, it’s an everyday thing. It can be so difficult to praise God through our petty everyday trials. I know for me there are plenty of times where I am just ready to throw in the towel and quit. I feel like everything I do is wrong, and no matter what I do, it won’t be fixed. The amazing thing is I serve a God of second-chances. I serve a God who loves me in my angry, sad, happy moments in life. It just amazes me that He loves me that much! It is the least I could do to live by faith daily.
       A struggle I have is listening to God. I am always wondering if that desire is what God wants for me, or if it is what I want for myself. One statement that really stood out to me was “you can never get something good out of doing something wrong.” I feel like if you love to do something than you should do that wholeheartedly. God isn’t going to make you do anything, and He doesn’t want you to be unhappy. As we walk by faith, I believe that His perfect will for us will be more evident in our lives. I feel as long as we go into whatever we do with all of our heart and passion then we can get something good out of it, and it won’t be miserable. He loves us and as we walk by faith we will grow stronger in our relationship with Him.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment