Friday, August 20, 2010

Sudoku, Sooners, and Jesus.

When Mrs. Smith asked us to create a netvibes account for English class I wasn’t really thrilled, at all, with that idea. I figured it would be the same, lame excuse to have fun in class. To my surprise, I actually enjoy netvibes. She encouraged us to check out other blogs and read about things we wanted to learn. I have always wanted to learn how to play Sudoku, so that was at the top of my list. It gave me a website to where I could go and read all about how to play the challenging game. Mrs. Smith also told me that women who play Sudoku are said to have better focus. That is definitely something I lack at times.

     We were also told to make a tab about school related things. I found a website that offers free variety of flute music that I can play anytime. I also chose to follow the official Oklahoma Sooners website. I am a big fan. It provides me with the access of all their general news without having to travel to their website. I bet you are wondering why this matter to you, or how it relates to you in any way. Honestly, it might not but there are tons of activities in the world I bet you are dying to learn. Netvibes can help you set that up to where you can have all of the things you desire to learn most all on one website.

     Mrs. Smith also encouraged us to create a tab discussing where we are in our walk with the Lord. In my daily walk with God I feel closer and closer every day. I know I am not perfect and that I mess up, but it is so awesome to know that there is someone out there who loves me no matter what. This summer was such a huge for me in my walk with the Lord. Ever since the summer before my sophomore year I have been in this state of total growth, and this summer was a vast part of that.

      I began the summer so ready for whatever God tossed my way, starting with one of my best friends, Hannah Jones, living with me for two months after the flood. This gave us an opportunity to grow closer as friends and build a strong relationship that is unbreakable. Then church camp. There is always high feeling after camp that soon wears off in a matter of weeks. I felt this year was different. Our youth group seemed so closely bonded by this experience and people’s lives were changed. I longed to see a change in my friends lives and seeing it was remarkable. When we got home the realization sunk in that our youth group was sick.

        I was selected for my third year at Truth & Peace leadership conference. It is by far my favorite part of my summer. I get to spend three weeks with other students my age that are as on fire for God as myself. This year I got the opportunity to lead a small group of students every night in a devotional time. Coming back to my youth group I really saw the need for specific things, and God put them on my heart.

      I know I seem like I have it all somewhat together, but the truth is I am screaming inside. I would rather be out in some other country than be sitting here in class talking about my walk with the Lord. Something that I have recently begun to learn is that I am on my mission field. God has placed my family in Nashville Tennessee for so many reasons. They might not be clear right now but He has a purpose, and I want nothing more than to live wholeheartedly, with an authentic faith for God.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karlee,

    I so enjoyed your blog - thanks for sharing so sincerely :) There are times when I'm doing some screaming of my own inside my head...so I can sorta relate! Anytime you'd like to compare the screaming, let me know.

    Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I would love to compare screaming sometime. It might help us not have the need to scream inside so much.

    ReplyDelete