Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Senior Year is FINALLY here!

Well this is it, Senior Year! I feel like I've been waiting for this moment all my life and now that it's finally here I want the time to slow…down... This year definitely has some great things in store for all of us. So many new additions to our school, a new principal, and for me a new band director, this year is one full of change. It has its potential to be a rough year but I am determined to make this the best year of my high school career. I don’t want to just walk into school everyday and expect the normal. I want to make a difference, and real difference
    As I was thinking about this year, I was thinking about how some people choose to go into senior year with the "slacker" mode turned on full force. Honestly, that would probably be the easiest way to face senior year and at times I want nothing more than to be that person, but not this year. Oh no, I am going into this year with the mentality of Luke 1:37, "For nothing is impossible with God".(Thanks Allison) 
     Being new last year I wasn’t sure how everything was going to turn out but I have made so many new friends that I love dearly, and I am so glad that I get to be a part of the 2011 DCA senior class. I want to create memories that will last a lifetime, which means I will have my camera out every chance I get. I cannot wait to see the things my classmates are going to do in throughout their lives and knowing that I had at least a little part in that is an amazing feeling.
     A couple of sleepovers with the girls and late night talks about what we want out of this year, and we are completely ready for whatever comes our way. We are all amazed at the support that has overflowed out of people’s hearts. I have seen us come together in a way that can only be described as the work of God. I really believe that the flood wasn’t a curse but a blessing for our school. Our administration and community of Donleson Christian Academy have really worked together to make this year one we will never forget.

1 comment: