Tuesday, September 7, 2010

College. College. College.

Being a senior we all know what’s next; college. Going to college has always been an exciting idea for me. I have always been the one ready to get out and explore the word without my parents being right behind me. We all want that sense of freedom and college is the way we slowly gain that freedom.
    I think the part we most forget about when striving for that sense of freedom is responsibility. All of this college stuff is a little scary to me now that I am so close. Whenever I need something, such as toothpaste, I’ll have to go buy it myself. I know that is just a petty thing but in reality it’s one step closer to me and adulthood.
    This college process has already got me stressed. While looking for that perfect school, filling out college applications, and finding time to go on college visits, I am also trying to maintain my grades for scholarships, raise my ACT score, balance band, drama, family, friends and my boyfriend, all while keeping God first. Needless to say, I am way beyond stressed and it probably has to do with my lack of saying “NO!”
    I am hoping that this year just less stressful as it progresses. I have my first interview for college tomorrow and I am a little nervous. This is one of the biggest decisions of my life and I want to be in God’s will. I am also really excited as I get closer and closer to the point of college choices. I know that this is a change that we all have to go through eventually and I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment